There have been 29 Summer Olympic Games held in 23 cities, and 23 Winter Olympic Games held in 20 cities.
Where have the Winter Olympics been held?
- Chamonix, France. January 25-February 4, 1924.
- St. Moritz, Switzerland. …
- Lake Placid, New York. February 4-15, 1932.
- Garmisch Partenkirchen, Germany. February 6-16, 1936. …
- San Moritz, Switzerland. January 30-February 8, 1948.
- Oslo, Norway. February 14-25, 1952.
- Cortina d’Ampezzo, Italy. …
- Squaw Valley, California.
Why were there 2 Winter Olympics in a row?
After only a two-year interlude, the Olympic Winter Games were held in 1994, when a 1986 amendment to the Olympic Charter calling for the Summer and Winter Games to be held alternately every two years went into effect. Awarded to Lillehammer, the 1994 Olympics were noteworthy for their environmental conservation.
How many Winter Olympics have been in the US?
They have been held four times in the United States (1932, 1960, 1980, and 2002), three times in France (1924, 1968, and 1992) and twice each in Austria (1964 and 1976), Canada (1988 and 2010), Japan (1972 and 1998), Italy (1956 and 2006), Norway (1952 and 1994) and Switzerland (1928 and 1948).
How many times have the Olympics been?
Since 1896, when the modern Olympic Games began, it has happened only six times—and it usually requires a war. The Olympic Games were canceled during World War I and World War II.
Where is 2022 Winter Olympics?
Зимние Олимпийские игры – 2022/Место